Amanda-Users

Re: "Unable to create temporary directory" message

2004-02-12 09:30:39
Subject: Re: "Unable to create temporary directory" message
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:25:31 -0500 (EST)
I've got one system that comes up with improper protections
on /tmp at each boot - doesn't allow other write (goodness
I get the VMS mixed in there every time System, Owner, Group, World,
makes it very confusing when I need to set protections for User
rather than Owner and set the Other bits in the mask).

Anyway - I think my problem is someone was over-zellos with JASS
security modules.

I'm sure there is an option someone in your startup to fix or
even if necessary pre-create the directory and set the ownership
to that of the amanda user.