Amanda-Users

Changing Amanda server

2004-02-11 21:39:30
Subject: Changing Amanda server
From: Robert L Becker Jr <rlb AT afip DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 21:22:14 -0500
I haven't seen this question in the list or archives. How do I
gracefully move amanda databases from one (Irix) server to a new one
(Linux). I expect to handle the build and configuration on the new
host. I'll be moving our Exabyte jukebox from old to new host.

Once the hardware and build dances are done, can I just (translate
and?) move some files from the old server to the new one, keeping the
same catalogs etc to access our current inventory of backups?

Thanks.

Robert L. Becker, Jr.
Col, USAF, MC
Department of Cellular Pathology