Amanda-Users

Re: The Top Ten

2004-02-10 10:37:42
Subject: Re: The Top Ten
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, Chris Knight <knight AT sodor.wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:33:32 -0500 (EST)
Our solution for (client != server) has been to still use a cron job
to stop/restart the database. Since I manage amanda (usually as
user=amanda) and can restart (Oracle) from a script running as root
I can easilly shutdown - because I schedule the amanda job on the
server; startup is slighly more difficult but only in that we have
to schedule a fairly wide window ie: dbase can't come up as soon as
amanda finishes, we have to leave 'in-case' time.

Actually this is the same for us when client == server. There is no
direct tie from amanda to root, though I suppose I could...

root cron
---------
dump.sh
-------