Amanda-Users

The Top Ten

2004-02-07 08:34:45
Subject: The Top Ten
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: "'amanda-users AT amanda DOT org'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 14:28:09 +0100
Hello, amanda-users,

following a discussion with Jon LaBadie in late 2003 I started writing
a small document covering some FAQs about AMANDA.

I called it "top ten AMANDA questions" for a start as the intention
was to answer the questions that are asked over and over again on the
list because their answers are somewhat hidden in the docs or not
answered at all.

I showed the document to Jon LaBadie, we discussed and changed it, he
answered some of the questions, too.

As AMANDA is rapidly ;) approaching 2.4.5, I want to get that
document out to have it discussed by you, the regular amanda-users.

As I don't want to waste bandwidth without asking, I don't attach the
6k-bz2-file right now. Please let me know if you want to have it
posted to the list. I assume it won't hurt too much.

--

I also try to trigger some discussion about the AMANDA-docs.
I would like to work on a major upgrade to the docs, but I think this

Please share your thoughts and suggestions with me.
Adding a current and up-to-date documentation to this great software
would help us all to get the daily dumps done ;)

--
best regards,
Stefan G. Weichinger