Amanda-Users

an annoyance from amdump...

2004-02-10 10:13:33
Subject: an annoyance from amdump...
From: "Allen K. Bailey" <akbailey AT umich DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:10:08 -0500 (EST)
Hello Group,

        I am new to amanda-users. I've search the mailing list archive and
have not been able to find an answer.  Please forgive me is a new question
with an old answer. What is happening here?

The configuration:

        Server:            Solaris 2.8
        Amanda Version:    2.4.2p2
        clients:           IRIX and Solaris
        dumphardware:      OverLand LibPro Changer with a SONY SDX-400C

This configuration had been working very well until someone inadvertently
pushed the Changer offline.

I have gotten amdump to work again work again except now every entry in
the disklist send an email stating:

> Your "cron" job on amanda.server.name.goes.here
>
> su bin -c "/usr/local/amanda-2.4.2p2/sbin/amdump backup"
>
> produced the following output:
>
> amdump: amdump or amflush is already running, or you must run amcleanup

Needless to say there are no other instances of amdump or amflush running.
Running amcleanup does not fix the troublem.

Else wise amdump is working. I've done a test restore to be sure there is
data on the tape.

        Can someone explain how to fix this?

most respectfully

Allen Bailey