Amanda-Users

Re: Making two copies of a backup

2004-02-10 09:06:38
Subject: Re: Making two copies of a backup
From: JC Simonetti <simonetti-amanda AT echo DOT fr>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 15:02:30 +0100
New Amanda conf -> yes
Hardlink HD and so on -> no (quite dirty / heavy solution; in France we call
that "using a power hammer to crush a fly")

I think about 2 solutions:
1. RAIT that would allow you to point 2 different tape devices to write onto
2. if you're using 'disk' driver, you may find some solutions concerning
replicating filesystems (DRBD, NBD, Intermezzo...) without completely noticing
Amanda about that stuff :)