Amanda-Users

Re: Autoloader problem writing to tape

2004-02-04 16:24:48
Subject: Re: Autoloader problem writing to tape
From: "Kent L. Nasveschuk" <kent AT wareham.k12.ma DOT us>
To: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: 04 Feb 2004 16:19:23 -0500
Hello Joshua,
Thanks for your reply. After talking with Overland tech support I have
reached at least one conclusion. The drive and the tape is AIT-1. AIT-2
is being reported by mt -f /dev/nst0 status. An AIT-1 drive cannot write
to an AIT-2 tape per Overland Storage. 5 of the box of 10 that I got
reported AIT-2 even though they are supposed to be AIT-1 tapes. My guess
is that they are defective. The other 5, I was able to write to without
a problem, finally.

The tapes I originally tried to write to were all bad which is why I
assumed that something else was wrong.

--
Kent L. Nasveschuk <kent AT wareham.k12.ma DOT us>