Amanda-Users

Re: Problem with amflush

2004-02-04 06:25:19
Subject: Re: Problem with amflush
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 12:23:21 +0100
Hi, Rohit,

on Mittwoch, 04. Februar 2004 at 11:43 you wrote to amanda-users:

R> I have been getting this problem for quite some time now. Even my repeated
R> attempts failed to resolve this problem. I still have close to 4 to 5 backup
R> dumps created by amanda in my holding space [which failed across various
R> weeks]. I try to run amflush, it just sits there doing nothing [happly
R> eating away my CPU time]. Tape drive shows no indication that it is running
R> [lights don't blink]. But when I try to access tape device from outside [mt
R> status] -- it says "device is busy".

R> I don't really know what is happening. I tried running amflush several
R> times, but still does not work, the only thing which happens is amanda keeps
R> asking for new tapes without actually writing anything on to it!

R> Any anyone give me any pointers?

I don't know what you have been told before.

As you wrote

R>> I still have close to 4 to 5 backup
R>> dumps created by amanda in my holding space [which failed across various
R>> weeks].

I have to assume that amdump is not working, either.

How many amanda-processes are running already?

Try to kill all the amdump/amflush-processes, they seem to lock each
other. Run amcleanup afterwards, then amcheck.

After that amflush should run fine.
--
best regards,
Stefan