Amanda-Users

RE: Soalris client backup problem resolved

2004-01-26 05:27:55
Subject: RE: Soalris client backup problem resolved
From: Stephen Yeates <stephen.yeates AT heanet DOT ie>
To: "'amanda-users AT amanda DOT org'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 10:22:55 -0000
> Get thee to alpha.gnu.org with ftp and download 1.13.25.
> There will be V. recent versions like 1.13.92, but for
> now ignore them.  Get and build .25.
>
> When I put it on the system, I name it "amgtar" to avoid conflict
> with other tars.  I.e. THE gtar intended for amanda.  And I use the
> --with-gnutar ... to point to the proper version.
Hi Jon,
      Just to let you know I followed you instructions last week
upgraded gcc to 3.3.2 before compiling gnutar 1.13.25 which I named
as amgtar on the Solaris client.

Then recompiled the amanda client on Solaris with the following
parameters

shannon#./configure --with-user=amanda --with-group=amanda
--with-libraries=/usr/local/lib --without-server --with-amandahosts
--with-gnutar=/usr/local/bin/amgtar --with-index-server=orion.backup.ie
--with-tape-server=orion.heanet.ie --with debugging=/var/log/amdebug

pointing to the new gnutar version and added --with-amandahosts and
sorted out permissions on debugging=/var/log/amdebug.

Then I was able to backup all the Solaris partitions and tested a
restore which was successful, with no 'Archive contains obsolescent
base-64 headers errors' as previously for the Solaris client partitions.

I restored with the following command using gnutar on the backup server.

orion#/usr/local/amanda/sbin/amrestore -p /dev/nst1 wos-int
/ext/isidata432 | tar xvfp -

I just thought I let the list know, thanks for all your help.
I'm sure I may have some more questions in the future.

regards,

Stephen