Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda reports STRANGE but log seems fine

2004-01-18 10:39:23
Subject: Re: Amanda reports STRANGE but log seems fine
From: Fran Fabrizio <fran AT cis.uab DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 09:36:21 -0600

Programs that do backups output many messages.  Lots are "normal".
Amanda tries to keep a catalog of those that should be considered "normal".
If a version of the backup program adds new "normal" messages, or you hit
one that is not cataloged, or changes existing ones (sometimes even an
extra space or a capitalization or punctuation change), amanda will flag
it as "strange".  It is not considered a failed dump because the exit
status of the backup program indicated success.

Is there anything I can do to instruct Amanda that these are normal? I'd be happy to patch them in if I knew where to look.

Thanks,
Fran