Amanda-Users

RE: amtapetype

2004-01-16 17:10:12
Subject: RE: amtapetype
From: donald.ritchey AT exeloncorp DOT com
To: ajn AT ite.gmu DOT edu, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:05:53 -0600
Alastair:

I use the same drive on HP/Compaq Tru64 UNIX.

1.  Do NOT use the hardware compression.  See the archived for an
exhaustive discussion of this topic.

2.  Uncompressed capacity of this drive is around 40 GB +/- 2GB.

Using a compressed tape device which uncompressible data will actually
reduce capacity, since recompressing compressed data makes it expand.

Best wishes,

Don

Donald L. (Don) Ritchey