Amanda-Users

port problems ?

2004-01-16 11:47:03
Subject: port problems ?
From: Steven Law <S.Law AT ed.ac DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:42:28 +0000 (GMT)
Hello,

I'm sure this is an obvious one but it's Friday :-(

I'm running amanda on a SUN server (user amanda) and am trying to backup
Redhat 9 clients.

Amanda on the client is setup with user amanda. The .amandahosts file seems ok
as does the xinetd entry and xinetd is running.

It also seems to be using the correct port number.

When I run amcheck it returns the bog standard error

selfcheck - host down ?

If I run tcpdump on the client it looks like the client will not/cannot answer
on the correct port ....

16:19:26.113927 client-ip > server-ip: icmp: client-ip udp port
   10080 unreachable [tos 0xc0]

Anyone got any ideas what further tests or files I should be looking at ?

Regards
Steve
--
Computing Officer
School of Mathematics, Edinburgh University.