Amanda-Users

Multiple copies of tapes

2004-01-09 15:53:29
Subject: Multiple copies of tapes
From: "Alexis Castillo" <castillo AT qec DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 14:56:57 -0600
Can amanda create multiple tapes (physical and tapless) of the same backup?

I would like to have 2 copies: 1 on disk on a "tapeless device" for quick restores and the other copy on a physical tape that would go to an offsite storage for disaster recovery.

Currently I have amanda setup to do tapeless backups daily but would like the added safety of having offsite backups.

Offsite backups are currently being done on a weekly basis (separate amanda configuration and tapes) but a week of lost work is something the company would like to minimize.

Any ideas on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alex.