Amanda-Users

Re: chg-zd-mtx Slots

2004-01-07 04:16:24
Subject: Re: chg-zd-mtx Slots
From: JC Simonetti <simonetti-amanda AT echo DOT fr>
To: Postaremczak Bernd <Bernd.Postaremczak AT SMS-Eumuco DOT de>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 10:14:30 +0100
This is a feature of the changer: the next slot is "curslot++".
Some robotics support a "looped" search: when at last slot, the next slot is
first slot, some others don't.
I have 2 robots with chg-zd-mtx, one supports this loop search, the other one
doesn't.
So concerning my first robot I don't have any problem concerning the order of
the tapes when I put them into the tray. And concerning my second robot I have
to bear my mind that I have to put my tapes in Amanda order in the tray.

In your case, if you are in case 2, either you have to check that your tapes
are in Amanda order, or you can take your crontab solution writing a "1" the
"-slot" file.