Amanda-Users

Beginning with a clean Amanda

2003-12-22 07:15:34
Subject: Beginning with a clean Amanda
From: Stefan Hackenthal <sh AT aldebaran DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 13:13:41 +0100
Hello folks,

I have a question considering old data: our Amanda setup was wrong
(too large tape length  and other problems). Now I want to begin anew
and get rid of the old data. In the FAQ I found:

"First, remove the `curinfo' database. [..]
Then, remove any log files from the log directory: log.TIMESTAMP.COUNT
and amdump.COUNT. Finally, remove the tapelist file[..]."

OK, but what about the content of the holding disk (the old, too big
backup file)?

--
Greetings
Stefan Hackenthal            sh AT aldebaran DOT de