Amanda-Users

Amanda 2.4.4p1 and Samba 3.0

2003-12-12 06:48:58
Subject: Amanda 2.4.4p1 and Samba 3.0
From: Julian C H Stevens <julian.stevens AT cfswebmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 03:47:25 -0800 (PST)
I notice from the archives (August and October) that there have been problems
with Amanda 2.4.4p1 and Samba 3.0.  I recently installed Amanda 2.4.4p1 at our
customer site and want to install a new version of Samba. (Currently we have
Samba 2.0.6!)  My question is:
Which version of Samba to use?
If I have understood the amanda-users postings right, Samba 3.0 requires a
later snapshot of the 2.4.4 release in order to work.
Please could someone clarify what my options are?
(I would rather not install an Amanda snapshot at the customer site.)
Thanks,
Julian.

Get Paid to Surf the Web!
http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=AVZ855