Amanda-Users

smbclient error

2003-12-09 12:01:38
Subject: smbclient error
From: Julian C H Stevens <julian.stevens AT cfswebmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 08:56:47 -0800 (PST)
I've been using amanda 2.4.1p1 and Samba 2.0.6, for 2 or 3 years, to back up a
network of solaris and NT workstations.  However, I'm increasingly finding that
one of the NT filesystem backups fails with the following error:

servb      //mainserver/Users lev 0 FAILED [/usr/local/samba/bin/smbclient
returned 1]

There are also a lot of error messages such as:

? Error reading file ...
? Didn't get entire file. size=6250496, nread=65520
? Expected SMBtrans2 response, got command 0x08
? code 0 listing ...

I have recently upgraded from Amanda 2.4.1p1 to 2.4.4p1, but the problem is
still present.
Has anyone else seen these sort of errors?
Would it help to upgrade Samba - if so which version?

Thanks,

Julian

Get Paid to Surf the Web!
http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=AVZ855