Amanda-Users

tape capacity

2003-12-09 09:43:27
Subject: tape capacity
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, Chris Knight <knight AT sodor.wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 09:37:04 -0500 (EST)
Hey y'all,

Wanted to close on the tape capacity issue that I'd brought to
discussion 2 or 3 weeks ago.

We ended up replacing the DLT 7000 drive on our system with an
SDLT 220, this allowed us to have sufficient capacity to allow
planner to backup all partitions and not skip any of the higher
dump level large partitions.

Note, Solaris 8 requires rev 10 of patch 108725 in order to drive
the SDLT (we had been at rev 6), at the time I applied the patch
rev 14 was current.

--

This also allowed us to move the DLT over to another system to
replace a DDS 2 tape, with more than enough room to consolidate

                                                thanks,

                                                Brian

---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org