Amanda-Users

Problem Labeling tapes

2003-11-26 16:05:21
Subject: Problem Labeling tapes
From: jessica blackburn <jblackburn AT hirzel DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: 26 Nov 2003 16:03:45 -0500
Hello!  I'm a college intern trying to install AMANDA as our backup
system.  I'm running into problems with the slots being empty.  I run
the  "/usr/lib/amanda/chg-multi -slot advance" and then get the result
"2 /dev/null"

After this I try to run "su - amanda -c "/usr/sbin/amlabel DailySet1
DailySet100 slot 1" and get the error "amlabel: could not load slot "1":
chg-multi: slot is empty"

Any help on this would be VERY greatful!!  Thanks!!  Have a great Turkey
day!

Jessica Blackburn