Amanda-Users

Re: mtx and storedge L9 on solaris 7 server

2003-11-24 14:33:19
Subject: Re: mtx and storedge L9 on solaris 7 server
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:24:49 -0500
On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 12:15:26PM -0500, Alastair Neil wrote:
> can someone give me some pointers about accessing my juke box using
> mtx?  I cannot figure out what device to use.
>
> nwadmin reports the control port at [email protected] and the tape device as
> /dev/rmt/1hbn , this is a link to :
> /devices/pci@6,2000/scsi@1,1/st@1,0:hbn
>
> any pointers appreciated.

Do you have any entries under /dev/changers or /dev/scsi/*?

Using the Solaris "sgen" driver (scsi general) others have reported
that they get devices /dev/changer/???.  I get something under
/dev/scsi/sequential/???.  From that I manually create a
/dev/changer/??? link because it "makes sense".

Check the archives or your vendors docs for comments about setting
up /kernel/drv/sgen.conf if you haven't already done so.

You say your tapedevice is /dev/rmt/1.  What is /dev/rmt/0?  Do
you have another tape drive?  If not, maybe you should remove
all the symbolic links in /dev/rmt and run devfsadm(1m) to
recreate them.  If both reappear, then perhaps one is the
tape drive and the other is the changer device.  I get both
the /dev/scsi device from the sgen driver and an extra /dev/rmt
device from the st driver.  The latter is also my changer, I
can use either.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)