Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda tape changer, solaris9 and TEK9730

2003-11-20 11:18:38
Subject: Re: Amanda tape changer, solaris9 and TEK9730
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: "'amanda-users AT amanda DOT org'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 11:17:13 -0500
On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 04:49:37PM +0100, Stiansen, Per Sverre wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I am trying to configure Amanda to run on a Sun box (SunBlade 150) running
> solaris 9 together with a TEK 9730 library. The problem is that I have not
> been able to get mtx to load a DLT tape. It is possible read the inventory
> and move tapes internally but the load statement fails. Here is the result
> from mtx:
> osbck1# ./mtx -f /dev/scsi/changer/c1t1d0 load 22
> mtx: Request Sense: Long Report=yes
> mtx: Request Sense: Valid Residual=no
> mtx: Request Sense: SKSV=no
> MOVE MEDIUM from Element Address 21 to 1030 Failed

Is the attempt to load slot 22 and the changers
attempt to move from slot 21 the expected behavior?

Or is it an indication of an off by one error someplace?
What if you put a tape in slot 21 and try the
same 'load 22' command?

>       Storage Element 20:Empty
>       Storage Element 21:Empty
>       Storage Element 22:Full
>       Storage Element 23:Empty

..

> So the big question is how to get mtx working together with solaris 9 and
> TEK9730? I presume this must be working before I can move on with
> configuring the rest of the Amanda stuff. Any?

Nice to see someone realizes this when starting with amanda.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)