Amanda-Users

Amanda tape changer, solaris9 and TEK9730

2003-11-20 10:53:34
Subject: Amanda tape changer, solaris9 and TEK9730
From: "Stiansen, Per Sverre" <per.sverre.stiansen AT avinor DOT no>
To: "'amanda-users AT amanda DOT org'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 16:49:37 +0100
Hi all!

I am trying to configure Amanda to run on a Sun box (SunBlade 150) running
solaris 9 together with a TEK 9730 library. The problem is that I have not
been able to get mtx to load a DLT tape. It is possible read the inventory
and move tapes internally but the load statement fails. Here is the result
from mtx:
osbck1# ./mtx -f /dev/scsi/changer/c1t1d0 load 22
mtx: Request Sense: Long Report=yes
mtx: Request Sense: Valid Residual=no
mtx: Request Sense: Error Code=70 (Current)
mtx: Request Sense: Sense Key=Illegal Request
mtx: Request Sense: FileMark=no
mtx: Request Sense: EOM=no
mtx: Request Sense: ILI=no
mtx: Request Sense: Additional Sense Code = 30
mtx: Request Sense: Additional Sense Qualifier = 00
mtx: Request Sense: BPV=no
mtx: Request Sense: Error in CDB=no
mtx: Request Sense: SKSV=no
MOVE MEDIUM from Element Address 21 to 1030 Failed

osbck1# ./mtx -f /dev/scsi/changer/c1t1d0 status
  Storage Changer /dev/scsi/changer/c1t1d0:2 Drives, 30 Slots ( 1
Import/Export )
Data Transfer Element 0:Empty
Data Transfer Element 1:Empty
      Storage Element 1:Full :VolumeTag=CLN026
      Storage Element 2:Full
      Storage Element 3:Full
      Storage Element 4:Full
      Storage Element 5:Empty
      Storage Element 6:Empty
      Storage Element 7:Empty
      Storage Element 8:Empty
      Storage Element 9:Empty
      Storage Element 10:Empty
      Storage Element 11:Empty
      Storage Element 12:Empty
      Storage Element 13:Empty
      Storage Element 14:Empty
      Storage Element 15:Empty
      Storage Element 16:Empty
      Storage Element 17:Empty
      Storage Element 18:Empty
      Storage Element 19:Empty
      Storage Element 20:Empty
      Storage Element 21:Empty
      Storage Element 22:Full
      Storage Element 23:Empty
      Storage Element 24:Empty
      Storage Element 25:Empty
      Storage Element 26:Empty
      Storage Element 27:Empty
      Storage Element 28:Empty
      Storage Element 29:Empty
      Storage Element 30 IMPORT/EXPORT:Full

sbck1# ./tapeinfo -f /dev/rmt/0
Product Type: Tape Drive
Vendor ID: 'QUANTUM '
Product ID: 'DLT7000         '
Revision: '276A'
Attached Changer: No
SerialNumber: 'CX944S1415'
MinBlock:2
MaxBlock:16777214
Ready: no

So the big question is how to get mtx working together with solaris 9 and
TEK9730? I presume this must be working before I can move on with
configuring the rest of the Amanda stuff. Any?

Rgds
Per Sverre Stiansen
mailto:per.sverre.stiansen AT avinor DOT no