Amanda-Users

RE: data write: File too large

2003-11-18 09:35:14
Subject: RE: data write: File too large
From: "Byarlay, Wayne A." <wab AT purdue DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:30:04 -0500
Thanks for the responses...

Upgrading at this time would be GREAT. Unfortunately this is not going
to happen anytime soon. I have another hard drive with RH9 and 2.4.4 on
it, but it's only half-configured, and it took a while to get to that
point.

As per the current, Irridum-dust, ancient setup, it's Debian, a really
old one... "Woody"? Again, upgrading is in my list of stuff "To Do".

So, Chunksize is the problem, and nobody's sure the syntax for 2.4.1?
I'll experiment... It seemed unlikely that it was merely the SIZE of the
filesystem I was trying to back up, because I've got another which is
really huge, and I had assumed it was even huger than this one. You know
what they say about assumptions.

Again thanks all for the help.

-wab

"Chunk: You guys'l never believe me. There was 2 cop cars, okay? And
they were chasing this 4-wheel deal, this real neat ORV, and there were
bullets flying all over the place. It was the most amazing thing I ever
saw!" -The Goonies