Amanda-Users

/etc/exclude.gtar is ignored!

2003-11-11 01:30:25
Subject: /etc/exclude.gtar is ignored!
From: Turgut Kalfaoglu <turgut AT egenet.com DOT tr>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 08:25:31 +0200 (EET)
Hi there. I backup a system, and I notice that it complains about 'unusual
or strange backup result' during the email. These are files I forgot to
exclude; things like logs, that change during the backup.
So, I added them to /etc/exclude.gtar which is defined properly in
amanda.conf in 'server-tar', the exclude.gtar is stored at the client, and
I am running the client as root (so that it has access to everything), and
amcheck shows no problems. yet, every day I keep getting complaints about
the same files; like   ./apache/cgi-bin/openwebmail/etc/sessions/blah has
changed. well, in exclude.gtar I have:
./apache/cgi-bin/openwebmail/etc/sessions
and I assumed that this should have stopped everything under 'sessions'
from being backed up?

I checked the wording, in fact, I did cut/paste from the error emails.
I'm obviously missing something! Can anyone help?

thanks! -turgut

-----
Turgut Kalfaoglu:  http://www.kalfaoglu.com
EgeNet Internet Services: http://www.egenet.com.tr