Amanda-Users

RE: What ports does Amanda use?

2003-11-04 16:47:48
Subject: RE: What ports does Amanda use?
From: "Jason Lavigne" <jlavigne AT bwlogic DOT com>
To: "'Joshua Baker-LePain'" <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 16:33:59 -0500
Should I be using

./configure --with-tcpportrange=50000,50040 --with-udpportrange=890,899

on the client, server or both?

I am still confused why 6 out of 7 servers in my DMZ (behind a firewall)
work as-is, it is just one server that is giving me a headache. I know
it is a firewall related issue cause if I turn off the firewall the
Amanda dump works fine on all 7 servers, but with it on one server fails
to connect. I am rebuilding the client first with the --with-tcp* and
--wint-udp* options to see if this works.

My Amanda server in on my private LAN connecting in to the DMZ.

Jay