Amanda-Users

Re: backups stopped after upgrade to redhat 9?

2003-10-19 11:45:34
Subject: Re: backups stopped after upgrade to redhat 9?
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 11:35:07 -0400
On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 03:04:10PM -0000, dwtrusty wrote:
> Thanks for the tips.
>
> All the low-level commands seem to be in order.
>
> I can use ammt, mt, amtape, mtx successfully.  I can use tar to write
> to the tape, and read the contents back.  Amcheck shows no errors.
>
> I'm using version 2.4.3.
>
> What else should I check?

Confirm it is repeatable.

I just had an odd one I don't expect to repeat.
Amanda used the same tape (tape8) 2 days in a row.
I think it happened because I was playing with a new Solaris feature
called "live upgrade" and I suspect the old tapelist got put back
after the first use of tape8.  I don't think I will ever track
down the actual cause.  But I'm out one days dumps.

If it is repeatable, then time to delve into the reports/logs/debug files.

You might try a test dump with only a few entries in your disklist.
Comment out most with a '#" sign and see if it still fails.  That will
also give you fewer/smaller files to look through.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)