Amanda-Users

RE:

2003-10-14 17:43:24
Subject: RE:
From: "Johnson, S" <sjohnson AT edina.k12.mn DOT us>
To: "Frank Smith" <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:33:22 -0500
I just realized that I replied to an individual user instead of the group and
user - my bad.  I'm going to repost for future reference on others possibly
running into the same problem:
--------------------------

Ok, I must be missunderstanding something here... Sorry for my lack of
knowledge (this is my first time setting up Amanda).

I was going off the aassumption that the backup package would automatically
label a tape inserted into the drive on backup (like backupexec / arcserve).

I just played around with it a bit after reading the man page on it.  I was
able to label a tape with DailySet111.  After running the amlabel, I was able
to run amcheck and I didn't receive an e-mail (which I assume is the way it's
supposed to be).

Where can I find more information on the amlabel piece (other than man)?  Is
there a way to automate this?  The person that will be changing the tapes is
not very technical at all, actually quite technophobic...

 Thanks much!
  Scott