Amanda-Users

[FreeBSD] Problem with big estimates SOLVED

2003-10-07 11:09:20
Subject: [FreeBSD] Problem with big estimates SOLVED
From: Nicolas Ecarnot <nicolas.ecarnot AT accim DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 17:03:28 +0200
Hi,

Here's just a word to explain a simple thing as I spent some times with M. Jackson on this problem.

My backup server is a FreeBSD 5.1, and it saves around 120 windows clients. The smbclient runs on this same machine.

When running amdump, at the estimate stage (at the beginning), the UDP packet was too large for the OS that is set by default at the small size of ~9K.

You can just adjust it by setting :
net.inet.udp.maxdgram=65535
in the /etc/sysctl.conf
and reboot.