Amanda-Users

Re: out of tape ??

2003-10-06 13:37:26
Subject: Re: out of tape ??
From: JC Simonetti <simonetti AT echo DOT fr>
To: "Amanda Admin" <amanda AT denverdata DOT com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 19:30:19 +0200
Hi!
"mt" can turn on and off the hardware compression (take your man to see if it's
"compression" or "datcompression", it differs from mt versions), but is not
able to tell you whether the compression is set or not. You just set it on or
off completely blind.

Take the GNU mt and the Debian patches if you want to get something like :
--- cut here ---
amanda@backup1:~$ bin/mt -f /dev/nst1 datcompression
Compression off.
Compression capable.
Decompression capable.
--- cut here ---
I run a PC Linux RedHat and my mt is from Debian sources (GNU cpio + Debian
patch) and it works. Thanks Debian :)