Amanda-Users

Recovery without Amanda

2003-10-06 11:52:28
Subject: Recovery without Amanda
From: "Bradley Glonka" <bglonka AT sofanou-inc DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 11:47:53 -0400
Hi,

I know this topic has been covered before.  But it's a but unclear
How to get *all* the dumps off the tape using mt and dd.
I can't seem to get past the label and the first dump

Can someone explain to me how to get *each* of the dump images
I've tried the obvious skip=2 to get the seond image but that does not
work.
It seems to give the something very close to the first dump image.

This get's me the first image
# mt rewind
# mt fsf
# dd if=/dev/nst0 bs=32k skip=1 of=dump_image

This get's me the label to the terminal
# mt rewind
# mt fsf
# dd if=/dev/nst0 bs=32k count=1

Using Linux Red Hat 9 on a Dell hardware Tape drive is LTO Ultrium1

Thanks
Brad