Amanda-Users

Amanda not sending emails

2003-10-03 10:25:17
Subject: Amanda not sending emails
From: M3 Freak <m3freak AT rogers DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: 03 Oct 2003 10:15:06 -0400
Hello,

I have amanda set up and it runs great, however I'm experiencing one
problem and I don't know how to fix it.  This is what I have setup in
the "/etc/crontab" file:

# amanda
00 15 * * 1-5 amanda /usr/sbin/amcheck -m DailySet1
01 0 * * 2-6 amanda /usr/sbin/amdump DailySet1 && mt -f /dev/nst0
rewoffl

I don't think I've set that up incorrectly, however I'm not getting
emails from amanda after a backup is performed, or if any problems are
found with the tape (e.g. user forgot to change tapes).  The really
strange part is that if I "su" as the amanda user, and then run amreport
on the log file manually, I get an email right away.  I can also run
amcheck with the "m" flag, and an email is sent immediately.

Any ideas?  BTW, I'm running a RH9 system.

Thanks,

Kanwar Sandhu