Amanda-Users

RE: Another Amanda + Win32 backup problem

2003-09-30 03:07:58
Subject: RE: Another Amanda + Win32 backup problem
From: Bert_De_Ridder AT peopleware DOT be
To: "Jason Tedesco" <jtedesco AT request.com DOT au>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 09:04:09 +0200

Does the share have a large amount of data ?
One of our file servers over here does and sometimes the amcheck also times out.

Bert De Ridder

PeopleWare NV - Head Office

Cdt.Weynsstraat 85
B-2660 Hoboken
Tel: +32 3 448.33.38
Fax: +32 3 448.32.66

PeopleWare NV - Branch Office Geel

Kleinhoefstraat 5
B-2440 Geel
Tel: +32 14 57.00.90
Fax: +32 14 58.13.25

http://www.peopleware.be

"Jason Tedesco" <jtedesco AT request.com DOT au>

30/09/2003 08:57

<Bert_De_Ridder AT peopleware DOT be>
cc
<amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>, <owner-amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Subject
RE: Another Amanda + Win32 backup problem

Sorry that was just a typo,  they do have 2 slashes in amandapass
Bert_De_Ridder AT peopleware DOT be [mailto:Bert_De_Ridder AT peopleware DOT be]
amanda-users AT amanda DOT org; owner-amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Re: Another Amanda + Win32 backup problem

Your entries in amandapass should also have 2 slashes ->
//mymachine/temp username%password

HTH

Bert De Ridder

PeopleWare NV - Head Office

Cdt.Weynsstraat 85
B-2660 Hoboken
Tel: +32 3 448.33.38
Fax: +32 3 448.32.66

PeopleWare NV - Branch Office Geel

Kleinhoefstraat 5
B-2440 Geel
Tel: +32 14 57.00.90
Fax: +32 14 58.13.25

http://www.peopleware.be

"Jason Tedesco" <jtedesco AT request.com DOT au>
Sent by: owner-amanda-users AT amanda DOT org

30/09/2003 08:45

<amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
cc
Subject
Another Amanda + Win32 backup problem

I am trying to backup a win32 host with Amanda and keep running into problems.  I compiled Amanda with smbclient full path.
When I try executing an amcheck I receive the following error.

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
WARNING: mymachine.host.org: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?
Client check: 1 host checked in 30.019 seconds, 1 problem found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4p1)

I also receive this error in my logfile.
ERROR planner Request to mymachine.host.org timed out.

I increased the etimeout in amanda.conf although that did not change a thing.
I can use smbclient to mount my drive without a problem, and the directory shard on the win32 host has no permissions set.

This is what I have below in my disklist
mymachine.host.org //mymachine/temp comp-root-tar

I also have a username and password set out in /etc/amandapass and /usr/local/etc/amandapass .  The reason why I have amandapass in two directories is because I am unsure which one will be used by amanda on a solaris 8 box.

/mymachine/temp username%password

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,
               Jason