Amanda-Users

help with backing up

2003-09-24 12:24:25
Subject: help with backing up
From: chris weisiger <chrisw AT neill DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:21:14 -0500
Here is the only thing i have in my disklist file:

bs1     /home root-tar

of course i backed up the original

here is two example lines from the original disklist file
#joespc  wd0e comp-user
#joespc /msdos comp-user-tar

now i know /msdos is a directory, what would wd0e be? a directory or a disk that will be used to back up the host joespc?

here is where i am in trying to get my backup to work...

switching of tapes , moving prev/next, setting labels all working....

i run the following command to do my backup

amdump DailySet1

i then tail the amdump log file..the only problem is i really dont know exactly if the dump is working or not...i have used the amstatus command....but again not exactly know how to read it still....can someone paste an log file that shows and working dump log file... and i have even used the adadmin command to find directories on tapes and nothing shows up

[root@bs1 DailySet1]# su amanda -c "amadmin DailySet1 find localhost DailySet15 /etc"
bash: /root/.bashrc: Permission denied
Scanning /data...
 lost+found: skipping cruft directory, perhaps you should delete it.

No dump to list

this is what i always get

/data is the main holding disk