Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda Configuration for Sun StoreEdge L20

2003-09-24 08:45:21
Subject: Re: Amanda Configuration for Sun StoreEdge L20
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Jason Tedesco <jtedesco AT request.com DOT au>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 08:42:02 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 at 5:06pm, Jason Tedesco wrote

> This is the part where I am a little confused (I'm no experienced
> Amanda user but I'm guessing I will be by the end of the week.)
>
> In amanda.conf I am using
> tpchanger "chg-zd-mtx"
> changerdev "/dev/scsi/changer/c6t0d0"
>
> I am wondering if changerfile has to be specified as well?  If the

To use chg-zd-mtx, yes.

> changerfile is specified, what exactly needs to go into changer.conf?

chg-zd-mtx is just a shell script.  There's a (large) comment block at the
top of the script that walks you through setting up your changer.conf
file.

> Does tpchanger in amanda.conf need the full path name or do you copy the
> script into the directory?

Leave it where 'make install' put it and you don't need the full path in
amanda.conf.

> Should I be using tpchanger "chg-zd-mtx" or tpchanger "chg-mtx"?

That's up to you.  ISTR a lot of Solaris folks using chg-scsi as well.  If
you got mtx from <http://mtx.badtux.net/> then chg-zd-mtx is the one you
want.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain