Amanda-Users

Re: Editing disklist

2003-09-23 06:01:53
Subject: Re: Editing disklist
From: "C.Scheeder" <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>
To: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:00:36 +0200
Hi,

yes, amrecover uses disklist.

To accomplish what you want, i would do the following:
add an excludelist to the dle "/mydisk/bigdir"
excluding "/mydsik/bigdir/smalldir[1-n]"
and leave it in the disklist.
this way you get 2 for the price of one:
- amanda will happily restore the old backups,
- if somehow a new dir gets created in "/mydisk/bigdir"
  and you miss to give it his own dle-entry it will get catched
  by the dle with the excludelist, and you'll see its size increase
  in your daily mailreports.....

Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:

Hi, amanda-users,

I want to change some DLEs from

/mydisk/bigdir

/mydisk/bigdir/smalldir1
/mydisk/bigdir/smalldir2
/mydisk/bigdir/smalldir3

Will I be able to access the backups of /mydisk/bigdir on the older
tapes I took out of the rotation already?

Is it possible to find them with amrecover?

Or does amrecover use disklist?

Thank you,
Stefan G. Weichinger
mailto:monitor AT oops.co DOT at