Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover problem

2003-09-18 16:37:56
Subject: Re: amrecover problem
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 22:35:16 +0200
Bruno Negrão wrote:
> It´s happening to me also. What I need to avoid it it, on the server
> machine, run the command mt -f /dev/nst0 rewind
>
> This obligates the tape to rewind itself and makes the backup
> recovering work.
>
> Seriously, I can´t believe that a thing like this should be needed.
> Are we missing some configuration parameter? See, if i want to
> recover my backup is obvious that the tape should rewind itself
> first, right?

That why in amanda 2.4.4 some new parameters in amanda.conf are
available:

  amrecover_do_fsf bool
Default: off. Amrecover will call amrestore with the ‐f flag
     for faster positioning of the tape.
  amrecover_check_label bool
     Default: off.  Amrecover will call amrestore with the ‐l flag
     to check the label.
  amrecover_changer "string"
     Default: ''.  Amrecover will use the changer if you use
     'settape <STRING>' and that string is the same as the
     amrecover_changer setting.

(amrestore 2.4.4 has implemented those new flags -f and -l too)

--
Paul @ Home