Amanda-Users

Any docs within reach on best/fastest/easiest Restore of backed-u p system?

2003-09-17 15:53:56
Subject: Any docs within reach on best/fastest/easiest Restore of backed-u p system?
From: Gibran Marquez <gmarquez AT indyme DOT com>
To: "Amanda Users (amanda-users AT amanda DOT org)" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:48:28 -0700

I am able to backup any file that I got on tapes.

I was wondering if any of you had a quick write-up on the best way to restore a disk that has completely crashed.

I'm trying to restore a Linux RedHat 7.3 system and have a full backup. However, I've seen different things on the Internet as to how to do this. I was looking for something related to Amanda and this group gives some good insight/advice when it comes to backup/restores (Yes, I'm sucking-up =0)).

Please send step procedures you may already have handy on

  • system crash restore and
  • (if possible) also steps/recommendations for migrating hard drive to large one.

I haven't been on this list for a while, but I know this question gets asked a lot.

I appreciate any help with this.

Thanks!!!

-Regards,
Gibran C. Marquez