Amanda-Users

inquiry on restoring amanda dump from the holding disk

2003-09-17 00:09:06
Subject: inquiry on restoring amanda dump from the holding disk
From: "Mariel Luciano" <mariel.luciano AT onsemi DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:06:06 +0800
Hi to All,

I was able to setup Amanda on three Linux systems. One acts as the
server and the other two the clients. I was successfully run amdump
generating two files w/ .0 extension to my holding disk. My server
doesn't have any tape drive and I really find it very difficult to
restore my backups. I looked at the Amanda and other website and it
seems that every instructions I found requires a tape drive to restore.
Anyone can help me on this? Coz "nobody cares if you can backup, only if
you can restore".

Thanks,
Mar