Amanda-Users

error messages

2003-09-15 20:29:09
Subject: error messages
From: "Barry Haycock" <bhaycock AT securenet.com DOT au>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:23:54 +1000
I have inherited an Amanda backup system at the place I work at.
As this system is a remote access only I had a staff member insert new
tapes in to the server which is a Solaris 8 using version 2.4.4 writing
to a sun L20 using dlt tapes 20/40. This system was working after I took
it over but was not being maintained. I have on the system 2 configs
daily and monthly backup. After the new tapes went in (I haven't labeled
them yet) which are to be used under the monthly backup config in order
to find what slot Amanda thought that they were in I ran a "amtape
monthly show" since that time when ever any Amanda command is run (not
just amtape) I get the following errors written to tape0-status at a
great rate of knots and if left unchecked will fill up the file system
can anyone point me in the right direction of what is causing the error
messages and how to resolve them.

Unknown ParameterCode 9001 = 0(4)
Unknown ParameterCode 9002 = 0(4)
Unknown ParameterCode 9003 = 0(4)
Unknown ParameterCode 9004 = 0(4)
Unknown ParameterCode 9005 = 0(4)
Can't decode ParameterCode 00 size -80
Error decoding Result
Can't decode ParameterCode 00 size 0
Error decoding Result
Total Unrecoverable Errors     = 0
Unknown ParameterCode 8000 = 0(4)
Unknown ParameterCode 8001 = 0(4)
Unknown ParameterCode 9000 = 0(4)
Unknown ParameterCode 9001 = 0(4)
Unknown ParameterCode 9002 = 0(4)
Unknown ParameterCode 9003 = 0(4)
Unknown ParameterCode 9004 = 0(4)
Unknown ParameterCode 9005 = 0(4)
Can't decode ParameterCode 00 size -80
Error decoding Result
Can't decode ParameterCode 00 size 0
Error decoding Result

Barry Haycock
T +61 2 6268 9242
F +61 2 6268 9233
SecureNet Ltd
243 Northbourne Ave
Lyneham ACT 2602

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary
and those that don't.