Amanda-Users

Re: Testing amanda: running amdump "early" and other questions

2003-09-09 11:34:45
Subject: Re: Testing amanda: running amdump "early" and other questions
From: Jack Baty <jbaty AT fusionary DOT com>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 11:39:47 -0400

> >The default amanda.conf file (Amanda 2.4.4) uses the following dumptype
> >format...
> >
> >define dumptype user-tar {
> >    program "GNUTAR"
> >    comment "Partitions dumped with tar"
> >    options no-compress, index, exclude-list "/etc/amanda/exclude.gtar"
> >}
>
> If you put it like that, that's not the correct syntax.
> Doesn't amcheck complain?  Did I miss something in the manual?
>
> The above should be written as:
>
>   define dumptype user-tar {
>      program "GNUTAR"
>      comment "Partitions dumped with tar"
>      compress none
>      index yes
>      exclude list "/etc/amanda/exclude.gtar"
>   }

The example I included was unmodified from the DailySet1/amanda.conf that was
installed with amanda.

I've added "index yes" to each dumptype. Amrecover still doesn't see the
index files, which appear to be being created properly. Not sure why yet.

Thanks

--
Jack Baty
Fusionary Media - http://www.fusionary.com/

for life is not a paragraph, and death i think is no parenthesis.
                                            -e.e. cummings