Amanda-Users

Re: include vs. exclude?

2003-09-09 10:13:45
Subject: Re: include vs. exclude?
From: Eric Sproul <esproul AT ntelos DOT net>
To: AMANDA Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 08:36:33 -0400
On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 03:46, Paul Bijnens wrote:
> First remember that "include/exclude" only works for GNUTAR backups.
> Amanda construct the gnutar command line as follows.
> For gnutar the 'md4' name is replaced by the directory name first.

I usually leave the disk device in the DLE and put its mountpoint as a
comment at the end of the line.  I guess since I'm a hardware guy I'm
more concerned with remembering which device (or meta-device) the
backups are from, so if the box goes kaboom, I know immediately what was
mounted where.  It's just how I think of my systems, and I'm glad AMANDA
is flexible and smart enough to figure out what I mean.  ;)

>    monty  /var/lib/mysql/.backup  comp-user-tar  0

I will agree that this is nice and tidy, though.

Thanks for explaining it so well Paul!
Eric