Amanda-Users

strange dump summary

2003-09-02 18:54:41
Subject: strange dump summary
From: Ben Elliston <bje+dated+1062974972.b62cf7 AT air.net DOT au>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 08:49:30 +1000
Hi,

I recently upgraded a system from RHL8 to RHL9 and am seeing the
following errors from Amanda's mailed backup report.  I'm not sure if
it's Amanda or some of the underlying tools like dump(1) involved
here:

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
  localhost  fffffeff9f0 lev 0 ERROR [not in disklist]
  localhost  fffffeff9f0 lev 0 ERROR [not in disklist]
  localhost  fffffeff9f0 lev 0 ERROR [not in disklist]
  localhost  fffffeff9f0 lev 0 ERROR [not in disklist]
  localhost  fffffeff9f0 lev 0 ERROR [not in disklist]
  localhost  fffffeff9f0 lev 0 ERROR [not in disklist]
  localhost  fffffeff9f0 lev 0 ERROR [not in disklist]
  localhost  fffffeff9f0 lev 0 ERROR [not in disklist]

The dumping and taping seems to proceed correctly in spite of these
strange errors.  Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks, Ben