Amanda-Users

Re: getting amverify to verify nttar, etc

2003-09-02 11:35:53
Subject: Re: getting amverify to verify nttar, etc
From: "Kurt Yoder" <kylist AT shcorp DOT com>
To: "Paul Bijnens" <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 11:32:48 -0400 (EDT)
Paul Bijnens said:
<snipped>

> Is it amverify only that says "Cannot do nttar dumps" or does
> amcheck
> and others complain with similar errormsgs?

Only amverify complains; amcheck does not complain. I can also
restore off the gtar, etc images with no problem.

>  > What am I doing wrong? (In fact, echoing the value of $2 to a
> file
>  > right above this code fragment doesn't even work, which is
> confusing
>  > me)
>
> "doesn't even work"? as emty output? or other error msg?
> What if you add as first line, just after the hash-bang
>
>       #!/bin/sh
>       echo ARGS: "$@" > /tmp/amverify-args.$$
>       # rest of the program.

There's a section of the script like this:

if [ X"$HEADER" = X"" ]; then
   echo "** No header" > $TEMP/errors
else
   set X $HEADER
   shift
   shift 9

Right after that, I added

echo $2 >> /tmp/transcript
echo "blah" >> /tmp/transcript

but /tmp/transcript was empty. Confusing, it should have at least
contained the line "blah" for every amverify that was done.

I will add your testing line and see what it does.

--
Kurt Yoder
Sport & Health network administrator