Amanda-Users

Dumps Levels > 1?

2003-09-02 11:15:51
Subject: Dumps Levels > 1?
From: "Dege, Robert C." <robert.dege AT ngc DOT com>
To: "Amanda List (E-mail)" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 08:09:20 -0700
My config:
Redhat 9.0
Amanda version 2.4.4p1

I'm slightly concerned with my backups.  I'm backingup a central NFS server
for my UNIX network.  Using disklist, I broke the NFS share into 21 separate
sections.  I did this so that I could benefit from higher dump levels on
sections that are used less.

I've been running amanda for the past 2 weeks, but only have dump levels of
zero, or one.  I ran 2 backups over labor day weekend, and _STILL_ am unable
to achieve a dump level higher than 1.  And the amreports show no dump level
bump adjustments.

I guess my question is "why isn't amanda using higher dump levels on
sections where the data hasn't changed?"

-Rob