Amanda-Users

Re: No amanda.conf file

2003-08-27 17:36:51
Subject: Re: No amanda.conf file
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 23:35:26 +0200
Hi, Theresa Chen,

on Mittwoch, 27. August 2003 at 18:06 you wrote to amanda-users:

TC> I'm a newbie and I am trying to find a more cost effective solution to our
TC> current bru...  I'm wondering if you can help me out: right now after the
TC> installation, the following files were not created:
TC> /usr/local/etc/amanda/
TC> /usr/local/etc/amanda/amanda.conf

TC> I've looked through the directions carefully, and reinstalled the software
TC> several times, but still no avail.  Any reason?  I am running on an x86
TC> RH9 distro.

Create the directory by yourself and copy the file amanda.conf.in to
the file /usr/local/etc/amanda/amanda.conf .

amanda.conf.in is found in the example-branch of the unpacked
Amanda-tarball. Read the INSTALL file and edit amanda.conf according
to your configuration (hardware, tapes, ...)

--
best regards,
Stefan

Stefan G. Weichinger