Amanda-Users

Re: Multiple backups on one tape.

2003-08-27 14:30:25
Subject: Re: Multiple backups on one tape.
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: dbarcelo AT datajunction DOT com
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:28:25 -0400 (EDT)
Dave,

I was afraid you where saying one tape total.

Yes, your config should work. Did you figure out how you'll
schedule the fulls for friday ? amadmin force from cron ?

Dumps will remain distinguishable from one another, the files on
tape are node_disk_date.level

athena_usr1_20030812.2
 - Level 2 dump on 12 August this year for Athena:/usr2

or something really really close to that format. Humm, maybe its
dots and not underscores, slashes are replaced by underscore I
think so root partition may be athena._.20030812.2