Amanda-Users

Help with amrecover, cannot connect- connection refused

2003-08-27 02:19:14
Subject: Help with amrecover, cannot connect- connection refused
From: "John Grover" <grover AT lakemichigancollege DOT edu>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 16:55:33 -0400
Amanda list:

I'm doing my first test of amrecover (amdump ran fine) and I get an
error "amrecover: cannot connect to <tape server name here> : connection
refused". I tried amrecover as root with all the command line options
set except tape device.

I have the .amandahosts file set on both the tape server and the client
machine, I've checked that the correct entries are in /etc/services and
/etc/inetd.conf on both machines and inetd has been restarted. I've read
the man pages and the FAQ-o-matic pages, no help.

This has got to be a simple newbie config error, can anyone point me in
the right direction?

Thanks!
JG

John W Grover, Systems and Database Administrator
              Lake Michigan College
            www.lakemichigancollege.edu