Amanda-Users

Re: Making a copy/image of the backed up data

2003-08-26 08:56:50
Subject: Re: Making a copy/image of the backed up data
From: Simon Frettloeh <sifr AT aifb.uni-karlsruhe DOT de>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 14:52:33 +0200 (CEST)
Hi!

If I can read this properly, you suggest to make the copy of the image to
the second tape drive. But we need both tape drives for backup reasons.
The image should only be dumped to a file. But I think, there would be the
possibility to mount a image file as device and tell dd to copy the data
to that one :-) Problem could be the variable size of this image device.
But thnx a lot for your idea!

Bye,
Simon