Amanda-Users

Making a copy/image of the backed up data

2003-08-26 08:42:07
Subject: Making a copy/image of the backed up data
From: Simon Frettloeh <sifr AT aifb.uni-karlsruhe DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 14:35:17 +0200 (CEST)
Hi!

Is there a way of creating a copy or image file of the data, that's
already being backed up to tape?

We've already got Amanda running on our system with two tape devices
running well. We'd like to produce a (encrypted) copy of the backed up
data to send it to a far away server somewhere else for more safety.

Is this possible?

My idea is, to backup everything to image-files instead of tape and copy
these image files later on manually to tape. Doing it like this would
provide us with the possibility to create a copy of this image. But I'm
wondering if there's any simpler way to do this.

Bye,
Simon