Amanda-Users

Re: changing number of index records

2003-08-21 15:39:42
Subject: Re: changing number of index records
From: Per olof Ljungmark <peo AT intersonic DOT se>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 21:37:13 +0200
I just meant I run a cron job daily to collect one days' worth of
the debug files into a dated directory and remove any dated directory
older than 30 days.  That is not a builtin amanda facility.  Something
similar 'might' be doing nasty things to your index files.

Are they the most recent?

Yes.

Do they change daily?

Yes.

I do have a cron job that occasionally clears /tmp but much more infrequent than every three days. However, this machine does other housekeeping activities so it may be that I configured another script or program to clear out things. I'll keep an eye on that from now, it seems that this is the most likely reason.

/per olof